A large part of Osttirol is covered by forests and pastures, on which numerous cows, sheep and goats stroll around in the summer. A lot of the approved mountain bike routes therefore lead through the working area of the farmers and foresters, who preserve and maintain the routes. The following rules are to help protect mountain bikers and all those who work to keep them happy.
- Always ride with speed under control and your eyes open!
- Watch out for hikers and pedestrians, and overtake them at walking pace!
- Note the difficulty grade of the route and make a fair appreciation of your experience and ability as a mountain biker!
- Don’t go on a mountain bike without a helmet! Check your equipment before the start of each tour!
- Fences need to be expected. Don’t forget that the routes are primarily for farming and foresting. Close gates behind you!
- Be considerate of nature and animals, and stay on the marked routes. For your own safety and for the animals, finish your bike tour before dusk!
- Don’t leave any rubbish!
By observing these rules, you will get the maximum in fun and relaxation from your mountain bike holiday, while at the same time ensuring that the unique Tyrolean mountains will stay as they are.