7 nights, 1 guided snow-shoe hike,...
starting at € 295,- p.p.
We have something extra special for our Osttirol friends, fans, and guests: the memory-function on our website.
The broad alpine meadows above Lienz provide one of the loveliest panoramas in Austria, from the Lienz Dolomites to the Drei Zinnen, right the way through to the glaciated summits of the Tauern. As an old gliding paradise, Lienz is not just frequented by paragliders in the summer. Considerable air traffic between the Tauern, Dolomites and Carinthia where XC fans cross the airways!
Altitude difference: 710 metres - 1550 metres
1. Kollnig: (1380 metres), south-east, light. The starting area is directly on the road to Faschingalm, which starts at the Zettersfeld valley station.
2. Ebnerfeld: (1420 metres), south-east-south-west, moderate, forest aisle start, somewhat further and higher than Kollnig on the same road. Risk of side wind; only accessible by car; right on the road; ideal for those just starting out.
3. Steiner Mandl: (2200 metres), south-east-south-west, easy, GS and D (no visibility to the landing area). Hang-gliders: monocable ropeway and four-seater chairlift only carry ‘2 metre hang-gliders’. Ascent only possible by car (toll road) up to the mountain station (1800 metres), then hang-gliders must be carried for around 10 minutes. Note: No take-off option at the mountain station for the single- cable ropeway. For paragliders, on the Steiner Mandl there are two starting areas to the west and the east of the restaurant ‘Moar Pepo’. At the Steiner Mandl starting area there is a wind sock and toilet facilities. During revision periods there is the option of getting to the starting points by Taxi Xander - for GS and D.
4. Panoramaköpfl: (approx. 2200 metres), south-east – south-west, easy. No direct view to the landing area. On foot from the mountain station for the four-seater chairlift in a westerly direction, around 15-20 minutes. (The six-seater chairlift does not carry any gliders). Starting area above the mountain station, directly above the Hausbart (Debantgraben). Great XC starting point.
1.Postleite: (668 metres), main landing area for GS and D is a pasture area, around 800 metres to the east of the valley station. Exact outlines on the homepage of Girstmair flight school (www.girstmair.com). Watch out for the cables (flight simulator cable) and wires. Valley wind mostly south-easterly; north föhn wind from the west!
2. Camping Falken: (655 metres), pasture opposite the campsite. Ideal landing place for hang-gliders too.
Good thermal conditions from late morning. Both starting areas, Kollnigg and Ebnerfeld, are worthwhile places for practice flights in the morning and for those who enjoy peace and quiet and for occasional flyers. Brilliant landing area at Zettersfeld. Be mindful of the summer winds in the valley when flying into the valley. In northerly locations considerable, turbulent lee thermals prevail. On the Kollnigg, particularly in the afternoon, be aware of lee turbulence from Debanttal!
Good thermals from March right through to the start of November. The easiest flight routes proceed east across the Drautal to Emberger Alm. Anyone who heads west should do the valley jump to the Hochstein (high base required), from there via Sillian into Pustertal. As an alternative there is the jump to the south into the Lienz Dolomites, continuing in an easterly or westerly direction along Gailtal. Flights to the north proceed to Kals and into Mölltal. Avoid the Tauerntal due to the extreme summer winds!
Possible danger sources are the considerable summer wind in the valley, north and north-west winds with active Tauern wind system (lee situation at Zettersfeld) and the northerly föhn wind. Be careful during route flights and flights past Nikolsdorf – considerable numbers of gliders & rescue helicopter flights between Nikolsdorf and Krankenhaus Lienz. Flight simulator cable above the Postleite landing area.
Check out our latest brochures or look up online.
4 nights, 3 day ski pass SkiHit Osttirol,...
starting at € 384,- p.p.Info/Inquiry
3 overnights in a classic room, Breakfast with regional delicacies
starting at € 339,- per personInfo/Inquiry
3 nights at the historic walls incl. half-board arrangement
starting at € 216,- p.P.Info/Inquiry
2 nights, 1x access to the Museum Schloss Bruck,...
starting from € 161,- p.p.Info/Inquiry